Canyoning is the ultimate adrenaline adventure. Explore hidden gorges, rappel, jump and slide down waterfalls. Experience the challenges and thrills of mount Olympus canyons! Canyoning is an absolutely unforgettable experience that allows us to discover the wonders of nature by abseiling and jumping waterfalls, sliding down natural water slides and swimming through crystal clear pools.
Experience the thrill and fun of canyoning with our experienced Instructors. We are the only Canyoning center in Northern Greece, which is affiliated with the International Canyoning Organization for Professionals ICOPro.
The grandeur and pristine beauty of the canyons almost defies description. Carved over millions of years by the relentless action of running water, these geological treasures are unique in the national park of Mount Olympus! From easy family-orientated trips to advanced high-intensity adventures, Baseline offers canyoning on all levels suitable for everyone's appetite. Our highly trained and qualified instructors will provide the perfect balance between fun and safety as you explore spectacular environments normally inaccessible and experience the thrill of canyoning.
- Neoprene wetsuit (5 mm thickness). The suit is necessary part of the equipment and protects from cold and extensive heat loss due to the long exposure in cold water.
- Shoes, grippy, with a good draining of water.
- Harness with descender and safeties: used for rappelling down the rope on steep parts of the canyon and moving horizontaly on handlines.
- Helmet: protects from rocks and stones that may fall from the canyon walls.
- Descending on single or double rope or in a word abseiling (rappeling)
- Jumping or sliding in points where the terrain allows for it and the water is deep enough
- Climbing down in points where there are available holds and footholds
- Walking by the river bed, on dry or wet rock
- Crab walking, which involves standing low and moving on both hands and feet in order to pass slippery or steep points
- Swimming in calm and white water (or current)